I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award 2017.
WOW. Never in my wildest imagination did I think my blog could be nominated this early since its debut. I owe it all to Tesha Cummings from basicallytesha.org. Tesha is a fellow mom with a unique voice and a heartwarming smile. Her posts resonate on a profound level with women, and I can’t wait to read more. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this nomination, Tesha.
My favorite blog is Blissfully Boyce, run by Christina Boyce. Christina is the one who inspired me to go for it. She is a mother of four, writer, and podcast host. How do you do it all girl?! Blissfully Boyce covers multiple domains relating to women and mothers; marriage, motherhood, in the home, and lifestyle. Her posts speak volumes to me. Life gets chaotic, but she’s always real and down-to-earth; something I appreciate and admire. Christina speaks from the heart and has vast advice. Her words and attitude encourage me to keep pushing forward. Christina has a considerable following, but she has always offered help when I’ve reached out to her. It’s exciting to have support from someone I look up to, and she hasn’t even met me! Thank you, Christina, for being an inspirational influencer in my life.
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I have a coffee mug obsession. Ask my husband, I’ve been banned from purchasing any more.
2. I have a genetic eye mutation called complete heterochromia. One iris is brown and the other green.
3. I have danced since the age of three and am currently a dance instructor.
4. I picked my daughter’s name, Evangeline, from the movie The Princess and The Frog.
5. My father, brother, and I are all named Sam. Thanks Mom.
6. I love crime TV shows, like Bones and Criminal Minds.
7. I love to read. There is nothing better than a good book.
8. I’m a former single mom.
9. I can’t sit (or stand) still while talking on the phone, I constantly do laps around my house.
10. Fall is my favorite season. Sweaters, scarves, boots, and pumpkin spice…yes please!
Questions from Tesha
For what in your life do you feel most grateful? Without a doubt, I am most grateful for my family. Losing a child has made me more appreciative of the two I have. I am so thankful for how supportive my husband and extended family is.
What is your favorite meal? Sushi, is this considered a meal? I could eat sushi every day, all day.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why? I would love to see Italy, really any European country. Italy is my top choice because of my Italian heritage. Plus, you can’t go wrong with wine and pasta.
What is your favorite blog post? Why? (Include a link) I don’t have a favorite blog post persay, there are so many good ones! One that has stood out to me is https://www.easywillpower.com/self-love-important-happiness/. As I grow older, I realize how important self love truly is.
What makes you laugh? My children, everyday they say something new and hilarious.
What is your weirdest quirk? I really like miniature things. I get extreme joy from them.
What made you start blogging? Where do you see yourself a year from now? I started blogging to share recipes, DIY project, and life’s crazy ride with others. My main focus is helping other moms keep it all together. A year from now, I hope to be reaching more readers and being able to focus on the blog full-time.
What would be your biggest piece of advice to fellow bloggers? Don’t be afraid to go for it! I have achieved much more than I thought possible in just three months.
What is your favorite song to dance to? Being a dance instructor, this one is tough. One that always gets me going is “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon.
What is the best vacation you have ever been on? The best vacation I have ever been on was my honeymoon. I was a single mother when I met my husband so our honeymoon was the first time we were ever really alone. It was wonderful to experience a new country together and just be.
Now it’s my turn to nominate blogs whom I feel also deserve this award. I nominate:
Find and follow all the rules for The Liebster Award here.
NOMINEES, Here is your Q & A
1. What is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
2. When do you find time to blog?
3. How long would you survive the zombie apocalypse?
4. What is your favorite book or book series?
5. What superpower would you like to have?
6. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
7. How did you pick the name for your blog?
8. What is at the top of your bucket list?
9. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
10. What is your favorite quote?
11. Who has left the biggest impact on your life?
I’m excited to read your answers! Link your post in a comment when you are finished! Good luck!