Creamy Gouda Cheese paired with Sweet Apples sends Chicken dinner to a whole new level.
Chicken is a favorite in the Richardson Home. So, I’m always looking for new ways to spice it up. This stuffed chicken dish will have you feeling like a gourmet chef and leave your family begging for more. It pairs fabulous with a potato side. You can simply throw some cubed potatoes on the baking sheet with the stuffed chicken and have your main and side dished cook together!
Indulge in the delectable concoction of creamy cheese, savory apple, and dynamic thyme to send your taste buds on a ride.
Apple, Gouda, & Thyme Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- Firm Apple, thinly sliced
- Gouda Cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Potatoes, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Grease a baking dish. Butterfly cut the chicken – Cut each chicken breast across to open like a book, do not cut completely through. On one side of the chicken lay the Gouda slices and top with apple slices. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Thyme. Close the chicken, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle another 1 teaspoon of Thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- In large bowl, coat the cubed potatoes in olive oil and thyme. Surround the chicken on the baking sheet with the cubed potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then stir the potatoes.
- Continue to bake until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160°, or the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Potatoes should be tender.