Seriously, it’s the best.
We have an advertising relationship with stores we link in this post.
Giving credit where credit is due, this recipe originates with my husband. There’s nothing better than having a fresh slice of warm banana bread, especially when someone else makes it! Bonus, there is no need for a mixer for this recipe!
If your household is like mine, there’s a habit of buying fruit and it not getting eating in time. When it comes to very ripe bananas, this recipe is there to save the day. If you’re not ready to make the bread right away, freeze the bananas and thaw them when it’s time. No joke, there are 20+ bananas in my deep freezer…
1) Mash ripe bananas and stir in melted butter.
She’s a beaut isn’t she? Preheat the oven to 350°. Mash 2-3 very ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir in melted butter.
2) Add baking soda & salt. Stir in sugar, beaten egg, & vanilla extract. Mix in flour.
Mix in baking soda & salt first. Then stir in the sugar, beaten egg, & vanilla extract. Lastly, mix in the flour.
3) Pour the batter into a buttered loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
4) Allow bread to cool.
Slice it up and serve!
- 2-3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Mash the peeled bananas until they are completely smooth in a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted butter.
- Mix in baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in flour.
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing.