We have an advertising relationship with stores we link in this post.
With my oldest in school all day, I get to spend some one-on-one time with my little man. I love finding new activities for us to do around the house. He is very interested in working in the kitchen – what kid isn’t?!
We had so much fun making homemade bread in a bag! Only three-years-old and he was able to do most of it by himself.
1) Add 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast, and warm water to the bag. Push the air out of the bag and seal. Squish with your hands until well mixed.
2) Let rest for 10 minutes. Bubbles will form.
3) Add 1 cup of flour, oil, and salt. Seal and squish again.
4) Add 1 more cup of flour and mix again.
5) Remove dough from bag. On a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth.
6) Place the dough in a greased loaf pan. Cover with a towel and allow it to rise for 30 minutes.
7) Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes.
Your kids will be thrilled to help create something!
Bread In A Bag
- 3 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1.25 package of rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add 1 cup flour, sugar, and water. Let out air, seal, and mix the contents of the bag.
- Let the bag rest for 10 minutes.
- Open the bag and add 1 cup flour, oil, and salt. Seal and mix.
- Add the last cup of flour and mix again.
- On a well floured surface, take the dough out of the bag and knead until smooth. About 5-10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased loaf pan, cover with a towel, and allow it to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.