This indulgent cheesy and creamy soup is the ultimate comfort food.
Marrying into the Richardson family comes with a compelling benefit. Gram Tootie passes down her highly sought after Recipes and Recollections book. Filled with scrumptious recipes from breakfast to dessert, this was a key component of my acceptance in regard’s to Kyle’s marriage proposal.
While Gram’s book is filled with delicious meals, this is our family favorite. Every time I make it, I’m sure to double the recipe and the leftovers barely make it to the fridge! Serve it with a side of bread and marvel at this savory soup.
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef (or Turkey)
- 3/4 cup Carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup Celery, chopped
- 4 cups Potatoes, diced
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown the meat, onions, celery, carrots, basil, and parsley. Add broth and diced potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and milk. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Add instant mashed potatoes to desired thickness. Blend in sour cream.