In our home, Mexican is always a favorite cuisine. Kyle would choose a Mexican dish every night of the week if he could, so I challenge myself to create the best recipes to add to my cookbook.
These enchiladas are so easy to make and keep my picky eaters satisfied! With a shredded chicken filling rolled in a soft flour tortilla and smothered in delicious creamy sour cream and cheese sauce, what’s not to like!? Top it however your heart desires; cilantro, chives, olives, or tomatoes! Serve with some beans and rice for the ultimate Mexican meal.
White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas
- 2-3 cups Shredded Chicken
- 10 Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can Green Chilies
- 16 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Saute the onions and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook until it is a golden brown.
- Whisk in the chicken broth slowly until smooth. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is thick. Turn the heat to low and add in the rotel tomatoes and green chilies. Pour 1 cup of the sauce into a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onions, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture into the middle of each tortilla, roll up, and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining the sauce of the rolled up tortillas and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is browned and bubbly.