OH MY CREAMY DELECTABLE GOODNESS.
Make this meal, make it right now!
We have an advertising relationship with stores we link in this post.
Sorry for being assertive, but do your taste buds a favor and dine on this enticing dish. It’s bowl licking good, literally. My husband licked his bowl clean.
AND it’s made in the crock pot. I love me a good crock pot recipe. Your home will smell like french onion holiness throughout the day.
1) A seasoned seared roast…
2) Thrown in the crock pot with garlic, onions, dried onion mix, brown sugar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and beef stock.
3) Served over buttery parmesan polenta.
Do not skip on this dish. You will regret it. Take your mouth on a satisfyingly savory adventure and fill your belly. You can thank me later.
Crock Pot French Onion Roast Over Parmesan Polenta
- 2 1/2 lbs beef roast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves sliced garlic
- 1 packet dried onion soup mix (1 oz)
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- Fresh parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Season the roast with salt & pepper. Sear roast until brown all around. Place the roast in the crock pot.
- Add the sliced onions, garlic, onion mix, thyme, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and beef stock to the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once the roast has cooked, make the polenta. Lightly simmer the milk and water in a saucepan. Add the polenta and stir on medium heat. Once the polenta is thickened and creamy, remove from heat. Stir in the butter and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the onions and juices into bowls, layer the polenta, then top with shredded roast. Pour the onions an juices on top. Garnish with parsley. Worship the dinner Gods.
Derived from the cooking queen Bev Weidner.