Another scrumptious one pan meal!
We have an advertising relationship with stores we link in this post.
This ground turkey and sweet potato meal is easy & quick, only taking about 30 minutes! Topped with shredded mozzarella and cilantro, this flavorful meal is perfect for busy weeknights.
1) Brown the Ground Turkey
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add ground turkey and chopped onions. Season with chili powder, cumin, and salt & pepper. Cook until the turkey is browned and the onions are wilted.
2) Add Sweet Potato, Corn, & Water
Mix in the diced sweet potato, frozen corn, and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes soften. About 6-8 minutes.
3) Top with Shredded Mozzarella & Cilantro
Top with shredded mozzarella and allow it to melt. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
There you have it.
My picky 3-year-old expressed his appreciation for this dish. Yours will too. Best of all, there’s only one pan to clean. Enjoy!
Ground Turkey & Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- Sweet Potatoes (diced about 3 cups)
- 1 package of frozen corn
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Cook the turkey and onions until the turkey is browned. Season with cumin, chili powder, and salt & pepper.
- Add diced sweet potatoes, corn, and water. Stir well and cover until sweet potatoes soften. About 6-8 minutes.
3) Top with shredded mozzarella and allow it to melt. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.