Dine on this savory authentic Chinese Meal, made right in your kitchen!
This recipe for Asian lettuce wraps was inspired by the infamous restaurant chain, P.F. Chang’s. It may be served as an appetizer in the restaurant, but serve it with rice and some egg rolls and you’ve got a delicious Asian inspired dinner. This recipe seems minimal, but it is bursting with authentic Asian flavor. Try this out tonight and surprise your taste buds.
P.F. Chang's Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Boston, Bibb, or Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 1 pound Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Ginger, ground or minced
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Red Chili Flakes
- 1 can Sliced Water Chestnuts (8 oz), drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoon Asian Sesame Oil
- Rinse the lettuce leaves and set aside to drain.
- In a large skillet, brown turkey (or chicken) in a large skillet, stir often to break up the meat. Add the onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar, cayenne pepper, and chili flakes. Cook until the meat crumbles.
- Add the water chestnuts. Cook until the onions begin to wilt.
- Stir in the sesame oil.
- Spoon the meat mixture in the center of the lettuce leaves. Eat it like a taco!
We have an advertising relationship with ads shared on our site.