The greatest blend of rich and savory broccoli and cheddar known to man.
When you have a favorite dish from a restaurant, it sure is convenient to have the recipe at home. Bring the taste of Panera right to your kitchen! Your family will think it came directly from the acclaimed establishment. Bask in the simplicity of this soup and cozy up as it hits the spot.
Panera Bread's Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 bunches of Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 Carrots, julienned
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and saute the onion until it becomes transparent.
- In a separate pot, melt the remaining butter and make a roux with the flour. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Slowly add in the half & half while still stirring.
- Add the chicken stock and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in broccoli, carrots, and sauteed onions. Let it cook for another 25 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in the shredded cheese until it melts. Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve.
We have an advertising relationship with products and ads featured on this page.