Savory Beef Stroganoff on a Budget
Searching for a delicious and comforting meal but your budget is tight? Look no further! Not only will this dinner satisfy your wallet, it’s simple and only uses one pot. Easy clean up!
This Poor Man’s Beef Stroganoff is a winner; standing ovations will ensue. Using ground beef, which can easily be substituted for your favorite ground meat, this meal becomes budget friendly. The beef and noodles soak up the savory beef broth for a burst of wonderful flavor. When the sour cream is mixed in, the flavor intensifies and leaves you begging for more.
Impress your family, friends, and even yourself with this simple and rich dinner. This dish also does well as leftovers, if it makes it that far!
Poor Man's Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 8 oz Crimini Mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 8 oz dry Rotini
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- Salt & Pepper for taste
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- In a large pot or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the mushrooms until they are tender. Season with salt and pepper and set the mushrooms aside in a dish.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons. Cook the onions until they are transparent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook into fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef. Break the beef as it cooks until it is brown and cooked through. Sprinkle with paprika and stir.
- Stir in the beef broth and rotini. Bring to a boil and cover. Stir often as the pasta cooks to al dente, about 17-20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat, stir in sour cream and mushrooms. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Don’t forget to Pin me!